Drug Information Center
||Request for Drug Information
||Please use this form for drug information requests.
The mission of the Manchester University Drug Information Center is to promote the use of evidenced-based medicine, improve medication safety, and enhance patient-centered pharmaceutical care in Northeast Indiana through practice, scholarship, and teaching.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to requests for drug information from health care professionals.
- Inform the community about important developments in the clinical use of medications.
- Advocate for evidence-based use of medications that maximizes safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness.
- Conduct original research in drug information, medication safety, and pharmacy education.
- Educate pharmacy students and residents in drug information practice, primary literature evaluation, and evidence-based medicine in experiential and didactic settings.
Scope of Practice
The Manchester University Drug Information Center primarily provides responses to requests for drug information from Manchester University faculty and members of our Experiential Education Advisory Board. Types of drug information requests include, but are not limited to:
- General pharmacy practice or drug-related questions
- Patient-specific questions, potentially requiring critical review of a medication profile
- Formulary evaluation tools, including drug monographs and drug class reviews
- Medication use evaluation design, review, data collection, analysis, and/or write-up
- Legal, regulatory, or legislative inquiries relevant to pharmacy practice
- Additional requests as approved by Drug Information Center faculty
The Manchester University Drug Information Center is staffed by pharmacists with specialty training and experience in locating, evaluating, and providing drug information, as well as Manchester University College of Pharmacy students. All material is reviewed by a Drug Information Specialist prior to dissemination.
Links of Interest
Manchester University Funderburg Library Pharmacy Resources
European Medicines Agency
Food and Drug Administration
Drugs @ FDA
Institute for Safe Medication Practices
We are expanding our clinical services and seeking opportunities for collaboration. If you are interested in professional partnership with the Manchester University Drug Information Center, please contact:
Robert D. Beckett, Pharm.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Drug Information Specialist
Manchester University College of Pharmacy